The Outland Firebowl is an absolute must when camping across the border, and we can back that up.
It’s almost May, and that means May Long Weekend is just around the corner. Since we at Outland Living are local to Vancouver, B.C., we know that a lot of our friends, family and customers are packing up their trucks + RVs to go camping! While packing your bags and loading up your vehicle, all seems to be at ease. You can’t wait to be taking off for the weekend to get out into nature, we feel you. We’re excited too, but it’s important to be prepared.
When it comes down to what you want for an ideal camping experience, the answer is simple: tents, food, canoes or kayaks…and a campfire. Without a doubt, when you go camping you know right off the bat you’re bringing marshmallows and getting warm around some twigs and branches. Unfortunately, that dream can not become a reality when travelling across the US Border. According to ezbordercrossing.com, “firewood cannot be brought into the U.S. from Canada.”
That’s right, if you packed up a bundle of wood, you’re going to have to toss it. But how come? Well, the answer is actually quite fair: Invasive Species. According to www.inspection.gc.ca, “Ivasive species are insects, plants and diseases that become established in areas to which they are not native and whose impact is likely to be harmful to the environment, economy or human health.”
So here’s how you can play your part, while not wasting money or time by constantly buying more firewood locally: propane.
The Outland Firebowl has many features that will ensure you have an effortlessly enjoyable camping trip:
- Safety. The Outland Firebowl is safe to use during most campfire bans, as you can bring the warmth and experience of a campfire with you anywhere!
- Endurance. You can run your Outland Firebowl for approximately 8-12 hours on high, with a 20 lb propane tank! Perfect for a weekend.
- Strength. Our Outland Firebowls are constructed from high quality steel with a protective powder coating and enamel finish for long lasting durability. That means, it’s going to last for a while, as long as you don’t run it over.
- Heat: Our 58,000 BTU Firebowls are CSA approved and burn smoke-free. Wait, what was that? Let’s state that again: they all burn clean and smokeless.
- Simple to use: Outland Firebowls are easy to set up and portable to bring for the ride! With natural lava rocks, a 10ft hose and regulator, all you really need is to provide is your tank and your BBQ lighter! We’ll supply the rest with our easy to read manual.
What do you really have to lose? The Outland Firebowls set up and take down are done in seconds, and they will get you warm even quicker! Consider beating the border bust and bring a propane Firebowl. We even have a Facebook contest running until April 18th to get $50 off your Outland Firebowl when buying through our website.
Happy camping, friends! Make sure to stay prepared so you can enjoy your weekend around a strong campfire!